PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan-Downtown Thoughts on City & Country, LREI or Village Community (VCS)?

strolleraddict99
08-31-2010, 08:00 AM
We're planning on looking at these 3 progressives and am hoping for some insight into each of them. Thanks.

glamamama
08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Our ds goes to C&C and loves it there. He really thrives at the school. We love the staff and the teachers. They are very committed to the school. The other families are low key, down to earth too.

glamamama
09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I forgot to ask if you're receptive to the progressive philosophy. I assumed you are since you're interested in these schools. Just beware that some people aren't and choose to badmouth progressive schools instead. Do NOT believe the misinformation out there. One of the things C&C often gets criticized for is its exmissions. The list of high schools last yr's class is attending includes Beacon, Packer, La Guardia, Calhoun, NBS, Poly Prep, Friends and Stuyvesant. If TT status is all you care about, then you'll probably be disappointed. But if you're more focused on high schools that embrace a similar philosophy as your grade school for helping your dc thrive, then you'd be very happy with the list. Just be sure to decide for yourself what you care most about.

broadwayholly
09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Agree with what glamamama said about the misconception out there. I don't know why people feel the need to bash progressive schools. As a parent at LREI, my dc is constantly challenged. The school has been absolutely wonderful at fostering her curiosity and love of learning. We love the community too!