PDA

View Full Version : All SF How involved is your husband in the school application process?

freckleface
09-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Talking to my hubby about going to school tours has been like pulling teeth. Interested to hear other moms' experiences about how interested/involved their SO is in the whole application process. If you have suggestions too on how to get him to come around, I need it!

oskimom
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Going through the same thing you are. He's more than happy to talk about schools, but when it comes to doing tours during the work day, he gets so stressed out. I know he's slammed at work so not sure how to approach this either.

ladivavida
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM
He keeps joking about how he wishes he could just write a check and get the process over with. Maybe that's why I've been surprised at how interested he's actually been in learning about the different schools.

citymama
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm really surprised to hear most of you feel like you are going through it alone. My husband is super involved but we both work a ton so we are trying to share the burden and I feel the pain of having to take off so much time from work to tour schools. One thing I did was make a list of all the schools we are touring and the times we are touring them so he could block off time on his work calendar. The earlier you can lock in your tour dates, the better. Also, not worried about dividing and conquering during the tours. If your husband feels like he can't make some of the tours, it's fine to go alone and have him go to follow-up events for the schools you like. I toured all of our preschools alone a few years ago and we survived, that might help my perspective too!