PDA

View Full Version : All SF Round 2 School Assignment Offers

agarciasf7
05-13-2011, 09:40 AM
After going 0 for 9, I hope there's something to look forward to in our second round school assignment. I'm kind of scared about opening the mail tomorrow.

jodi27123
05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
We're in the same boat. Got none of our 7 choices so really hope the process doesn't fail us again.

scorpioabby
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
We were among the lucky ones to get a good assignment in the first round so did not have to submit an application for the second round. Nevertheless, I'm crossing my fingers for all of you!

scorpioabby
05-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Wow. I just heard you automatically lose your March assignment if you submitted an application in May and got one of your choices. Thank goodness we didn't go through this second round. I'm guessing there will be some unhappy parents who aren't aware of this and tried in round 2.

jekkosf
05-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Still at Sanchez. I didn't have any illusions of getting Clarendon our attendance area but did wish for West Portal or Alvarado. It'll be a long summer of wait and see for us unfortunately.

agarciasf7
05-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Yay! We got Peabody, which is our attendance area. Maybe we got a spot coz of kids giving up Peabody spots for private schools. Their loss, our gain.

jodi27123
05-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Congrats agarcia. No luck for us. We went 0 for 8 this time even after adding another school to our original list.

mommyemmett
05-14-2011, 09:59 PM
We received New Traditions this time around. I'm a little relieved to at least get NT. Does anybody know if any spots opened up at Clarendon, Rooftop or one of the other more popular schools?

carol1791
05-15-2011, 09:24 AM
We're still stuck at Sunnyside. Like jekkosf, Clarendon is our AA. We started out the process full of hope but now just frustration.

Btw, what is the next step in the process. PPSSF said that amended forms are due by 5/31 and open enrollment starts on 6/1, but SFUSD website said the amended choice form is due by 7/8 for the early August placement period. Which is which? And why would there be open enrollment before the August assignment runs?

halfmoonmom
05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Does anybody know if any spots opened up at Clarendon, Rooftop or one of the other more popular schools?

I have not heard anybody getting a "trophy" school in the second round, exactly as I expected. We still couldn't get Grattan and will probably just keep holding out for it in the third round and most likely into the school year.

Eufemia
05-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Are there any families with a special needs child who were not assigned to any of the SFUSD schools on their application (in both rounds 1 & 2) and what should we do now (after round 2)?
My son is currently in a SDC (Special Day Class), and I was hopeful about getting into a school closer to our neighborhood that would fit his needs. Sadly, we feel that he is being placed in a school primarily because the school has openings rather than a place where we feel he would fit in. Looking for advice/opinions in this situation.

jodi27123
05-15-2011, 09:10 PM
My husband and I have been talking about possibly moving out of the city ever since we got shut out the first go around. Getting shut out again has only made leaving that much more of a reality, as sad as that makes me. I mean how do I convince my husband to stay when SFUSD makes it so hard for middle class families like us.

debrasx2
05-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Are there any families with a special needs child who were not assigned to any of the SFUSD schools on their application (in both rounds 1 & 2) and what should we do now (after round 2)?
My son is currently in a SDC (Special Day Class), and I was hopeful about getting into a school closer to our neighborhood that would fit his needs. Sadly, we feel that he is being placed in a school primarily because the school has openings rather than a place where we feel he would fit in. Looking for advice/opinions in this situation.

Did you look into the appeals process based on medical or family hardship? I'm not sure if you might qualify but worth a look. Have you also talked to people at PPSSF for advice?

lesliebythebay
05-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I have not heard anybody getting a "trophy" school in the second round, exactly as I expected. We still couldn't get Grattan and will probably just keep holding out for it in the third round and most likely into the school year.

I heard that someone got Grattan in Round 2 even though it's not their AA. Did you hear that too? How could that have happened???

merenaka
05-18-2011, 02:03 PM
We put down Presidio and Giannini, our first two choices from round 1, for round 2. Didn't get either so staying at Hoover. I can't complain since I was happy with Hoover anyway. I'm so glad we didn't have to deal with feeder patterns this year.