PDA

View Full Version : All SF What's so great about Rooftop?

johumom
09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I've heard a lot of positive feedback on Rooftop but one question I have is why is the school's API score so ho hum relative to the other supposed trophy schools? Am I missing something?

scorpioabby
09-21-2011, 08:16 AM
johumom, I was exactly where you were a year ago. Rooftop was one of the schools that really intrigued me since people rave about the school but I wasn't able to reconcile the lower relative test score. As you go on tours, you'll quickly see that Rooftop has more diversity than the other trophy schools, which could be one of the explanations. But when you walk around the school, you'll be able to see for yourself why so many people love it there. Here are my notes from my tour last year:

http://www.theschoolboards.com/showthread.php/579-Takeway-from-the-Rooftop-Tour

We just started Kindergarten this year and couldn't be happier. We feel so very lucky to have gotten a spot. Good luck with your search!!

halfmoonmom
09-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I echo what scorpioabby said. We really liked Rooftop when we toured. It seemed to have a good arts program, movement classes and even an urban garden along with the other stuff you'd expect within a classroom. It would be nice to not have to worry about middle school too. The only drawback if I had to point any out is that it's a bit tucked away on Twin Peaks so not the easiest to get to.