PDA

View Full Version : All LA Metro How dressed up should we be for tours and interviews?

laurainthehood
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Feeling a little silly asking this. How dressed up should we be for the private school tours and interviews? Does my husband need to be in a suit and tie?

Christina
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi Laura,

When we toured schools and went to parent interviews, I made sure my husband and I both looked nice, but not overdressed. I wore jeans and a blazer or nice jacket. He didn't wear a suit, but I did see dads in suits if they were going to work after the meeting. I made sure we didn't look sloppy. No sneakers or sweats! Nothing that doesn't look professional. Business casual would probably be a good way to describe how we dressed. Hope that helps.

Christina

laurainthehood
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Christina,

Thank you for addressing my stupid question. Your answer comes as a big relief since my husband is so fussy about putting on a tie and gets really uncomfortable. Last thing we want is for him fidgeting in the interviews!

KHamer
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Laura
A good rule of thumb is the wear what they wear at the school. If it's a formal school where teachers and kids wear ties, and skirts, then you should dress the same. If it's a school that has say, a t-shirts for a uniform and the teachers and staff wear nice slacks and skirts, then you should do the same. If it's jean, flip-flops and t-shirts, maybe wear something a little more dressy but don't go over board.

I don't remember what Art wore to our interviews. Oh wait, I do! He was always coming from work so he wore a dress shirt and slacks, no tie. Me? I have too much other stuff in my head to recall.

Just remember to be yourself!