PDA

View Full Version : All SF How do I talk to our preschool director about the evaluation that gets sent to schools?

mrslauring
10-18-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm kind of nervous what our preschool director might put on the evaluation that gets sent to schools we're applying to. Is there a way to have a chat with her to get some sense of what the evaluation is going to look like? I'd like to at least know if there are red flags to be worried about for our applications.

Christina Simon
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Hi Mrslauring, I went into my preschool director's office and in a very nice way, asked her if there was anything I should be concerned about on the evaluation form she sends to the schools. She said, "no". I said, "great", I assume you'll write a glowing review of my daughter? She said, "yes". That was it. Hope this helps!

jsmommysf
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I know what you're going through!! No need to be nervous. If you haven't already, talk to your PSD about the process. Listen to what she has to say and which schools she thinks are good fit for your child. You'll get a better idea from the discussion what the eval will look like.

ephelps14
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
The evaluation is usually a reflection of what the teachers see on a daily basis. Ask her what your child can work on until they absolutely have to submit the evaluation in December/January.