PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Apply for early notifications for Avenues?

ellenjw928
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I saw this on the school website:

As a new school, Avenues does not have a pool of siblings or legacies, but will offer an Early Notification option for families who have decided that Avenues is their first choice. This option allows families who are accepted to know, in advance of the regular February acceptance date, that their children have a secure seat for the fall of 2012. Early Notification is a binding decision. Families whose children are accepted agree their children will attend Avenues.

Anybody planning on doing the early notifications or are you just going to wait it out to see what your options are? Trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

obmomny
10-28-2011, 10:03 AM
How can Avenues do early notification? Don't they have to notify in Febraury like everybody else? Personally, I don't think it's worth closing off your options, if you're a good candidate for the TTs anyway.

villagegirl8
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
How can Avenues do early notification? Don't they have to notify in Febraury like everybody else? Personally, I don't think it's worth closing off your options, if you're a good candidate for the TTs anyway.

They're not part of ISAAGNY so they can do what they want.