PDA

View Full Version : Little Gators Preschool

janei
01-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Our daughters attended Little Gators Preschool and it was a wonderful experience for them. Above all, the school focuses on providing a fun and loving environment to foster positive self-image in the children and contribute to their social and emotional development. The day is a combination of structured activities as well as self-directed activities, with both indoor and outdoor play.
Little Gators is essentially a family business, owned and operated by Barb Figone-Hogan for over 25 years. Barbís sister Gina is also a teacher at the preschool, and the other teachers have been there for many years as well. Barb in particular is highly involved with each individual child and family. The parent community is very close-knit.
Little Gators is very focused on preparing children for kindergarten. Barb and her staff are extremely knowledgeable about the kindergarten application process and spend a great deal of time guiding parents and children through it. Students continue on to independent, parochial and public schools after Little Gators, but Barb is particularly well regarded for her experience and success helping families navigate the process at independent schools.
The 2-year-old program meets 2 mornings per week, the 3-year-old program meets 3 mornings per week, and the pre-k program meets 5 afternoons per week. Our children loved their time at Little Gators and it was a great experience for our entire family.

monanita23
01-23-2012, 01:13 PM
You are so wonderful for sharing this. Thank you!!! We're not applying until the fall but are putting together the list to apply to. I couldn't find anything online about Little Gators so I'm really happy to have come across this.

Can I ask how big each of the class is? And do you have any tips on getting into Little Gators?

janei
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Each class has approx. 27 students.

I am not the best person to offer tips on applying, as we relocated to SF just before my older daughter was entering pre-k so we did not go through the normal process of aplying to 2's programs. My second child later joined the 2's class as a sibling (automatic). That said, I think honesty and sincerity will get you very far at Gators. Barb really values her parent body, and more than anything I think she looks for enthusiastic families who are genuinely excited to be a part of the Little Gators community.

I hope this helps!

monanita23
01-24-2012, 10:42 AM
You were very helpful! Thank you!!!!!