PDA

View Full Version : All LA Metro On The Scene! Eileen Horowiz, From Head of School to Education Consultant

Christina
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Q: 1. First, congratulations on your retirement as Head of School at Temple Israel of Hollywood! As an aside, my son and I did the "mommy and me" at Temple Israel and loved it! You’ve had a long and distinguished career as an elementary school educator. Can you tell us a few of your most personally meaningful career highlights?

A; I began my elementary teaching career in rural New Jersey as a Title I teacher. We made home visits so we could learn as much about each student before they even stepped into our classroom. I took this holistic approach to teaching at both the Center for Early Education, where I taught for 10 years, and started their very successful after school program, Lullaby of Broadway and at Adat Ari El, where I taught and was a part time administrator for 6 years. When I began at Temple Israel (TIOH) in 1995, I was able to encourage and mentor my teaching staff to embrace this philosophy. The reputation of the school grew as did our numbers; from 82 students to 215 when I retired.

To continue reading, click on the link below:

http://beyondthebrochurela.com/on-the-scene-eileen-horowitz-from-head-of-school-to-life-coachparent-partner/