PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Where did your dc get in? What was dc's ERB score?

mfigs11
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Having trouble sleeping in advance of admissions decisions getting sent out in a few hours. Figured I'd get a thread started. Please share where your dc got in, what dc's ERB score was and whether school was your FC.

krobinm
02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
ERB 97+. Waitlisted "strong candidate" at Brearley but accepted at Spence. Overjoyed!

cfloresny
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
DS, waitlisted at Dalton with 95-99 ERB. No connections.

maggaroni
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
ERB 97+. Waitlisted "strong candidate" at Brearley but accepted at Spence. Overjoyed!

Congratulations! We're the reverse of you. Got into Brearley with 97+ ERB. Dinged from Spence.

mleemom
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Accept at St. Ann's for dd!!! Unconnected.

mfigs11
02-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Rejected from Dalton, our FC, and ECFS. Accepted at Calhoun. A little bummed but can't complain since we were happy with Calhoun too. ERB 96.

wnesral
02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Dinged from Collegiate and Dalton. WL at Trinity. Accepted at Allen-Stevenson and St. Bernard's but will release spot at St. Bernard's.

cfloresny
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Apparently our WL from Dalton was a sign of things to come. More WL emails & letters after that. Now we're hoping to clear the WL. If you have more than one acceptances, please please release them as soon as you've made a decision.

ellenjw928
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
We got into our FC but with only 20% financial aid. We got into another good school but with 75% aid. What to do, what to do???

metromom
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
We got into our FC but with only 20% financial aid. We got into another good school but with 75% aid. What to do, what to do???

What a tough decision! How good is the other school? I have a hard time imagining the difference in quality is worth the difference in FA. Getting that 75% aid is awfully nice! Congratulations on having a decision!

maggaroni
02-15-2012, 08:13 AM
We released a spot today. Hopefully the waitlist moves for those of you still waiting to clear WL. GL!

cfloresny
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Anybody know whether the WLs are moving for Dalton and the other coeds or all boys' schools? Word is that Spence and Brearley already closed and I imagine Chapin is in similar situation. I'm getting really nervous with tomorrow being the decision deadline for the accepts and we still haven't cleared a WL yet.

ellenjw928
02-17-2012, 08:24 AM
We ended up going with the school that gave us the better FA package despite the other being our FC. The difference in aid was too hard to pass up.

wnesral
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Anybody know whether the WLs are moving for Dalton and the other coeds or all boys' schools? Word is that Spence and Brearley already closed and I imagine Chapin is in similar situation. I'm getting really nervous with tomorrow being the decision deadline for the accepts and we still haven't cleared a WL yet.

I'm pretty sure Allan Stevenson is closed. Also heard the same for St. Davids and St. Bernard's. Sorry to bear bad news.

seemommycry
02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
The waitlists may be closed for now if the school has gotten the target number of commitments. However, nothing is really closed until the start of school as I know very well from last year. You're just looking for one more spot, which can happen as people move or decide to take a G&T spot.

If you want to stay on a waitlist, tell the school. If you accepted a spot somewhere else but clear the waitlist later at the school you want, you may just have to deal with paying two tuitions.

metromom
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
We ended up going with the school that gave us the better FA package despite the other being our FC. The difference in aid was too hard to pass up.

Congratulations. I would have done the same thing but understand the tough (but fortunate) decision you had.