PDA

View Full Version : All SF Happy and Content at Creative Arts Charter School (San Francisco)

aileenb
10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I highly recommend Creative Arts Charter School in San Francisco. My kid started there as a Kindergartner and we're very happy there. It's the best school.

They're a K-8 school and because they're a charter school, they are able to keep their art, music, and dance classes with the regular standard academic classes, and the students really enjoy going to school. (Whenever my 6 year old gets sick, he used to cry but now just gets sad because he'll miss school).

The school is sort of like a small community and many of the kids know each other very well. The teachers nurture the children's individual talents. They really understand that there's not just one way to educate a child and they teach through hands-on scientific experiments, explorations, illustrations, field trips, etcetera...The teachers are great. The school's core value is great. There's a lot of very expressive kids that come out of this school. It's private-school quality of teaching for public school price (free!). Getting in is by lottery, just like at other public schools.

From a Happy and Content Parent

chellebellesf
10-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Since we're looking at New Traditions, which also has a creative arts program, I was wondering if you looked at NT as well when you applied. How would you compare the two? If your child hadn't gotten into Creative Arts, which other publics would you have considered? Thank you.

aileenb
10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
We didn't look at NT although they were our second choice because I hear they also have a good art program AND we live right next door! We're literally just 12 feet away from NT and it would've been so convenient for us every morning...I can't tell you about their curriculum, values, culture, etc. CACS Charter School stole our hearts when we went for a tour. Sorry.