PDA

View Full Version : All SF How many schools are you applying to?

citymama
08-05-2010, 08:30 AM
How many schools do you plan to apply to for K - 8?

bluebird
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
We have over 9 on our list to tour with a mix of single sex and co-ed but hoping to get it down to no more than 5 actual applications. I worry about putting our child through so many "playdates". I realize it's still early (only August) but if anyone has advice for how to prepare your child for playdate after playdate, I'd love your advice!

seemommyrun
08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
11 on our list to tour -- considering private + parochial. Hope to get it down to 5 applications too. Toured the public schools last year and will also do the lottery.

The Twin Coach
08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
We currently have 7 or 8 on our list to tour, having twins makes the game slightly more complex, so I will probably add more. Is anyone considering a long drive (or actually moving) if they get into a school that isn't necessarily super close to where they live? This is on my mind a lot as there are some terrific schools close to us, but what if we don't get in there?

seemommyrun
08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
We are considering a long drive for 3 schools on our list which are just outside of San Francisco. If we love them and get in I would consider moving closer but that would mean potentially leaving the city and not sure if we are quite there yet…

citymama
08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the replies - I am now trying to get my list to 5 - 7 schools and realize that is totally reasonable!

Bluebird -- several schools share information from the screenings (not sure if that is helpful in terms of how many times your child needs to go to a school during the admissions process). This is from MCDS website "Kindergarten applicants may be screened at another school. Applicants who are evaluated at another school will be scheduled for a group visit to MCDS. Parents or guardians of children testing elsewhere must arrange for the results to be sent to the MCDS Admission Office. "