PDA

View Full Version : All NYC 2013 kindergarten notifications

blueboxmama
02-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Are you ready for tomorrow? I am so anxious, hard to keep myself busy to bide the time. Good luck!

natarose
02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Anyone heard via email or phone yet? We're still waiting...

jennyk
02-08-2013, 11:47 AM
WLs at 3 schools and 1 accept at one of the lower choices. Still waiting to hear from a couple more.

uptowngirl
02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
2 accepts, 2 WL and 2 rejects. Got our first choice so ecstatic.

HalcyonMama
02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
1 reject and 1 WL so far. Waiting to hear from 5 other schools. Heard that the Riverdale schools are notifying by USPS. Hoping I will hear today vs. Monday. I am so nervous. Most folks I know are getting no acceptances and only WLs.

natarose
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
1 reject and 1 WL so far. Waiting to hear from 5 other schools. Heard that the Riverdale schools are notifying by USPS. Hoping I will hear today vs. Monday. I am so nervous. Most folks I know are getting no acceptances and only WLs.

We're in similar boat - couple rejects and couple WLs. USPS can't come soon enough.

HalcyonMama
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
FML. Our mail service was definitely suspended for today due to the weather. So this torturous wait will have to continue until Monday afternoon.

Natarose, do you have a son or a daughter? I am starting to suspect that this year the competition is extra stiff for the girls.

blueboxmama
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Lucky to be accepted to two of our top choices (girls schools). Will be releasing one of them Monday or Tuesday.

natarose
02-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Anybody know if WLs move? We have couple more we're waiting to hear from but I'm feeling like we're going to have to hope for one of the WL spots to clear. Appreciate any insight here!

HalcyonMama
02-11-2013, 08:35 AM
I was told that they do move, but they then fill the spot with a student with similar demographics as the one who let the acceptance go. There is no order to the lists apparently.

Am still anxiously waiting for today's mail. But am somewhat hopeful now since one of the schools just asked me for another financial document. I guess the FA office doesn't realize that I have not yet heard from admissions. If they had sent out a rejection letter on Friday, they would not be emailing me about finances, right? I know that's what makes most logical sense but at this point I am so nervous I can't think.

HalcyonMama
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
USPS truck is outside! I can't breathe haha!

blueboxmama
02-11-2013, 09:57 AM
USPS truck is outside! I can't breathe haha!

Good luck!!!

HalcyonMama
02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Accepted at one of our top choices, but wait listed for financial aid. Three more waitlists and one school still has not notified.

blueboxmama
02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Accepted at one of our top choices, but wait listed for financial aid. Three more waitlists and one school still has not notified.

Congratulations! Must be at least a little relief even though you're waiting to hear about the FA. Are you waitlisted for FA because they need to receive that extra document?

HalcyonMama
02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Funds not available at the moment :(

dailybeast
02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi there! I'm a reporter for the Daily Beast in NY working on a story about waitlists and would love to chat with anyone interested in sharing their story or anxiety, anonymously or not. If you're interested, please contact me at eliza.shapiro@newsweekdailybeast.com. Thanks!

natarose
02-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Anybody know when they start to take kids from the WL pool? I heard that many schools overaccept so I'm wondering if they even get to the wait pool.

metromom
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Anybody know when they start to take kids from the WL pool? I heard that many schools overaccept so I'm wondering if they even get to the wait pool.

I've had friends who got calls Friday and even a couple over the summer. Don't lose hope. I think today is probably when the WL action really gets going.

blueboxmama
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
By the way, for those of you on wait lists for your top choices, it looks like ISAAGNY changed the rules this year on staying on waitlists. Before, if you accepted a spot, you're automatically dropped from wait lists at other schools. This year, it seems that you can stay on a WL after accepting elsewhere. The only catch, a big one, is that if you get off the waitlist, you may still be obligated to pay the tuition for the original school.

jennyk
02-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Didn't get off the WLs at our top choices. Looks like we'll have to sign a contract with where we got in and hope for the best for one of those WLs.

Jacksmom
02-24-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm surprised so many of you have already heard from your schools. We got 2 WL letters on Valentine's Day (one more reason to hate that date), but are still waiting to get word from 7 other schools. Should we be concerned that we haven't heard?

blueboxmama
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm surprised so many of you have already heard from your schools. We got 2 WL letters on Valentine's Day (one more reason to hate that date), but are still waiting to get word from 7 other schools. Should we be concerned that we haven't heard?

You should have heard from all the schools already, even if it was a rejection - something doesn't seem right. You should definitely get in touch with the other schools.