PDA

View Full Version : All SF Preschool Info on Lone Mountain?

sfpreschoolinfo
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Does anyone have feedback on Lone Mountain Children's Center?

Helmlinger
03-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Our daughter went to Lone Mountain, and we were very, very happy with the experience. We particularly loved the staff, most of whom have worked there for many years, and their experience and team chemistry provides a very stabile environment and platform for their, to my mind, increcibly well thought out (and tested) curriculum. The director, Jacque, is involved in everything, and is a great, accessible guy with a placid demeanor that belies his deep mastery of early child development. He really becomes an asset in the final year, when he takes a sincere and personal role in advising families on kindergarten choices and the process. In all fairness, I don't understand that he takes initiative advocating to respective schools , nor do I think he should (he does provide an assessment), but his experience and insight are invaluable in helping families navigate the process and find the right school for their child. He was an invaluable source of calm and assurance during what can be a very crazy experience finding an elementary school. Jacque is surrounded by several other teachers that are equally amazing and have been with him for many years. The program starts as two mornings/week, then three, then in the third year becomes five afternoons/week. This seemed a little difficult as working parents, but the school was well worth the effort in scheduling. Admission is fair, to say the least, with a sibling and alumni policy, but otherwise, it seems, without strings attached. We had been advised to enroll our daughter as early as age six months, and were delighted when the opportunity to attend was extended two years later.

sfpreschoolinfo
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Our daughter went to Lone Mountain, and we were very, very happy with the experience. We particularly loved the staff, most of whom have worked there for many years, and their experience and team chemistry provides a very stabile environment and platform for their, to my mind, increcibly well thought out (and tested) curriculum. The director, Jacque, is involved in everything, and is a great, accessible guy with a placid demeanor that belies his deep mastery of early child development. He really becomes an asset in the final year, when he takes a sincere and personal role in advising families on kindergarten choices and the process. In all fairness, I don't understand that he takes initiative advocating to respective schools , nor do I think he should (he does provide an assessment), but his experience and insight are invaluable in helping families navigate the process and find the right school for their child. He was an invaluable source of calm and assurance during what can be a very crazy experience finding an elementary school. Jacque is surrounded by several other teachers that are equally amazing and have been with him for many years. The program starts as two mornings/week, then three, then in the third year becomes five afternoons/week. This seemed a little difficult as working parents, but the school was well worth the effort in scheduling. Admission is fair, to say the least, with a sibling and alumni policy, but otherwise, it seems, without strings attached. We had been advised to enroll our daughter as early as age six months, and were delighted when the opportunity to attend was extended two years later.

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're new to the SF area and are considering sending our son there next year. We were super lucky to have been offered a spot, but just wanted to hear from some parents whose kids went there first!

Helmlinger
03-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Please don't take me wrong, but "no one" turns down Lone Mountain. We learned that when we asked around after being offered our daughter's spot, and now we have the privilege of knowing why.