PDA

View Full Version : All NYC PS 205 Clarion Brooklyn

MommaZen
06-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Has anyone heard of PS 205 Clarion in Brooklyn? I am interested in the 1st grade Gifted and Talented program, general comments about the school and the teachers for I missed their open house. Thanks!

PreCam
06-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I met the teacher for first grade G & T class, she seems very calm when speaking to the children. I was told that the G&T classes(all grades) usually plan things together. They have smartboard in all G & T classes. There is currently only kindergarden & first Grade class. The principal will have to hire a third grade G & T teacher. The school is pretty big. The current Kindergarten class has more girls than boys. The principal talked about offering tennis class to G & T class next year since they offered Mandarin class to G & T kids this year. Overall, not a bad school. Hope this helps. Interestingly enough this was the school that my son was offered last year for kindergarten and we turned it down and decided to go to zoned school because we didn't go on the school tour last year but we did this year. ;-)

MommaZen
06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the information. Now that you took the tour would you considered sending your son there?

AlphaMom
08-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Has anyone heard of PS 205 Clarion in Brooklyn? I am interested in the 1st grade Gifted and Talented program, general comments about the school and the teachers for I missed their open house. Thanks!

Hi! My son will be attending the 1st Gifted and Talented class this fall. My son has attended this school from a Pre-K lottery pick, but after Pre-K he had to go to his zoned school. He is back this fall since the zoned school does not have room for him for the Gifted and Talented class.

The Clarion School is a wonderful school for any child to attend. One of my girlfriends is President of the PTA. The atmosphere is not uptight its more fun in learning. The pre-k teacher that my son had was a wonderful teacher. She taught him out to spell and many educational needs for Kindergarten.

I'm sure your child will be fine with the choice you make for them for educational wise. Good luck!