PDA

View Full Version : Queens P.S 121 Queens gifted and talented

Happyme
09-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Please, I will like to know if anyone accepted the offer for p.s 121. Please share what you know about the school.

LL_District28
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I did, but I am leaning against sending my child there. I need bus service and the administration was not helpful with getting this straightened out. The school seems to do well academically in general and gifted and talented classes will no doubt be a plus for the school as a result. If I lived within walking distance or if it was on my route to work, I probably would send my child there. For me, my bad experience with the admin staff made the difference.

SchoolFORLearning
09-05-2013, 07:26 AM
I did, but I am leaning against sending my child there. I need bus service and the administration was not helpful with getting this straightened out. The school seems to do well academically in general and gifted and talented classes will no doubt be a plus for the school as a result. If I lived within walking distance or if it was on my route to work, I probably would send my child there. For me, my bad experience with the admin staff made the difference.

I completely disagree. First, Just the admin staff interaction is no reason for deciding something this important. Second PS 121 is the best of G&T schools in Queens. I put it above STEM. Their middle school is fabulous.

Second, Bus outside the "zone range" is a challenge most public schools cant/don't deal with before school starts. It is something that gets resolved after a week or two.

PS: Happyme, seats that you reject get offered to other people .. remember everyone has personal interests.

SchoolFORLearning
09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I completely disagree. First, Just the admin staff interaction is no reason for deciding something this important. Second PS 121 is the best of G&T schools in Queens. I put it above STEM. Their middle school is fabulous.

Second, Bus outside the "zone range" is a challenge most public schools cant/don't deal with before school starts. It is something that gets resolved after a week or two.

PS: Happyme, seats that you reject get offered to other people .. remember everyone has personal interests.

Ooops ... My big mistake. I was talking about PS 122: Mamie Fay