PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Question:: Should I put sibling preference/info for G&T placement?

gowanusgal
04-07-2014, 05:57 PM
My son got a 99 and I am trying for Nest as well as the district school his older brother attends. There is a question regarding whether he has a sibling in the application. I am torn. Part of me wants to put it in so he will definitely get some type of placement. The other part of me wants to say nothing and see if he can get into Nest.

Advice? Thoughts? I am afraid if I put in the sibling preference he will only get into district. On the other hand, if I put nothing, will he not get placed at all?

Thanks!

Ariadne
04-07-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm in the same boat! My son got a perfect score and is really advanced, so I have the option of listing a sibling preference for a district g&t or not. It's a tough decision, but I'm leaning toward the district program simply because it's so much more convenient for our family.

Good luck!

Pro-education-parent
04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Dear Parents,

My son is in the gifted and talented at PS748 in Brooklyn and my other son got into the G & T for this year but there is not G&T for this year at the school.
What can we do as parents to ask to put back the program at the school.
Thank you,

QueensMom
04-08-2014, 04:50 PM
If you put the citywide schools ahead in the priority before the "sibling district G&T". You put yourself in the pool to get into citywide and also get sibling priority on district.