PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Kindergarten Waitlist

SilverANT
06-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Hello. My son is entering Kindergarten D2/99 and we got our second choice. Our first choice is Nest+m. I just called the DOE and they told me he is "priority 2" meaning he has no older siblings and other than that they could not tell me anything more because "that's their policy". Has anyone else tried to find their position on their wait listed school and gotten a different answer? Thanks for any info

InwoodParent
06-10-2016, 01:56 PM
I heard from DOE (posted in some other thread) that the waitlists will be maintained by the individual schools. We are on waitlists for all the Citywides, and so far, I just heard from Q300 who said to contact them on the 13th to find out about waitlist positions, so I figure I'll contact them all then.

D25Mommy
06-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I just got back from the Q300 welcome breakfast where I talked to a parent who got a K spot off the waitlist this past Wednesday. Q300 had all our K kids register relatively early, so it seems that they were already able to fill vacant spots. It seems that whatever waitlist movement will happen now will only be from those who pre-registered but are offered a spot at a higher ranked school. The waitlist is also ridiculously long!

InwoodParent
06-13-2016, 07:40 AM
I just called, and we have a pretty low waitlist number, but not low enough that it is likely. I will say, of the whole bunch, Q300 is the best in terms of responsiveness and being able to reach the administration with questions.

Downtownmom1230
06-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Has anyone gotten through Nest to find out their wail it's number? It's like a black hole. Anderson replied right away.

SilverANT
06-13-2016, 01:41 PM
I just sent an email to the parent coordinator at Nest and they got back to me pretty quick. I also got a "all the seats are taken" I just keep reminding myself that our kids will do well no matter what! Everyone on this forum is concerned for their kids and want the best for them. That in itself is enough. Good luck everyone

Downtownmom1230
06-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Yes. I agree. We also got 99 for higher grade but no placement for Nest (no seat). We are at a district g&t. My kid will do well no matter what. It's better to save her luck for when it really matters like high school and college.

InwoodParent
06-14-2016, 08:02 AM
NEST also got back to me. You know who didn't? TAG. They are not at all reachable. Their lack of responsiveness actually is making us a little concerned about their administrative capacity. Glad that we are happy with our placement for at least K & 1, if not necessarily the later years.

Downtownmom1230
06-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Did the parent coordinator at nest respond to you? I emailed her this morning but have not heard back.

InwoodParent
06-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Yes--I emailed her last night, she emailed super early this morning, saying I should call. Maybe if you don't reach her, try calling tomorrow morning a little after 8? That's when I reached her. She was very nice, and while clearly frustrated with the process, was super good about not taking it out on me. TAG, on the other hand...has anybody gotten through over there?