PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Review the SHSAT

gabilupu
03-11-2018, 05:51 AM
Does anybody know, what is the procedure to review the test (how the SHSAT test has been scored)? It would be useful for us to know which questions my son got it right and which he missed.
Thank you.

sherrycobysam
03-11-2018, 08:17 AM
How can I request an appointment to review a copy of my child's answer sheet?
After the schools, students, and parents/guardians are informed of the results, you and your child may review a copy of the student's answer sheet by requesting an appointment with a representative from the Office of Assessment. Copies of answer sheets are not available for distribution but will be reviewed at the scheduled appointment.

Appointments may be arranged in one of the following ways:

1) By submitting an electronic request via this link: https://tinyurl.com/2017TestViews
or
2) By sending a written request via certified mail with proof of delivery to:

Office of Assessment, SHSAT Review
131 Livingston Street, Room 401A
Brooklyn, New York 11201

Requests must include:

• Student’s name, date of birth, and OSIS number
• Parent/guardian’s name, phone number, and email address

After your request has been received, the Office of Assessment will provide appointment details.

The deadline to request a test view is March 30, 2018. Electronic requests must be submitted and letters must be postmarked no later than this date. The Office of Assessment will not be able to accommodate requests received after the March 30, 2018 deadline, whether submitted electronically or by mail.

gabilupu
03-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Thank you so much, sherrycobysam.

sherrycobysam
03-11-2018, 01:42 PM
You are welcome. They were very nice to us 2 years ago.

HappyMama
03-12-2018, 05:25 AM
This is very good to know thank you! My son scored 613 and wants to know the questions he got wrong!

mperdue212
03-12-2018, 09:29 AM
has a review ever shown that the score was wrong

gabilupu
03-12-2018, 01:37 PM
This is not (necessarily) about the score. This is one exam/test from a long list of exams our kids will take. Figuring out what you need to improve/focus will certainly help.

GregsTutoringNYC
10-20-2018, 02:20 AM
This is not (necessarily) about the score. This is one exam/test from a long list of exams our kids will take. Figuring out what you need to improve/focus will certainly help.

True. OTOH taking the test and finding out afterwards where to improve is one thing, but knowing BEFORE taking the test is even better because then you can work on improving before hand for a win/win situation as not only a test taker but a life long learner and to boot enhancing all the strategies and approaches to test taking. In particular as refers to the SHSAT one can take a number of full length practice tests that are of good quality, and find out the topics, subtopics, strengths, weaknesses, pacing needed, etc.