PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Ps 38 k gt classes 2018-2019

D15mom
03-27-2018, 12:08 PM
hi parents,
We just got the score back for GT 2018-2019 and my son scored a 98. We are considering city and district but at the moment, I'm curious about PS 38. Are there any parents in this group who had their child enrolled in the K class this year? (2017-2018). I would love to hear your input.
Ive read about great GT teachers but poor admin/principal but that was from years 2015-2016. Has anything improved? We are actually zoned in a good school in D15 (PS321) but I love the small class size at PS 38.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Wing

mfaruqee
03-28-2018, 07:49 PM
hi parents,
We just got the score back for GT 2018-2019 and my son scored a 98. We are considering city and district but at the moment, I'm curious about PS 38. Are there any parents in this group who had their child enrolled in the K class this year? (2017-2018). I would love to hear your input.
Ive read about great GT teachers but poor admin/principal but that was from years 2015-2016. Has anything improved? We are actually zoned in a good school in D15 (PS321) but I love the small class size at PS 38.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Wing

Hi Wing,

My daughter is in 2nd grade at PS 38 G&T and we love the school. She has been there since K and has had truly incredible teachers. Each of her teachers have gotten to know her really well, and her current 2nd grade teacher Mr. Nugent is really extraordinary. The small class size is really nice (there were only 15 kids in her K class) and I like that there are 2 G&T classes per grade so she has had a different mix of kids each year. Many of the kids in my daughter's class are from outside the district. There is an active PTA and a great after-school program. Good luck with your decision.

D15mom
04-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Hi Wing,

My daughter is in 2nd grade at PS 38 G&T and we love the school. She has been there since K and has had truly incredible teachers. Each of her teachers have gotten to know her really well, and her current 2nd grade teacher Mr. Nugent is really extraordinary. The small class size is really nice (there were only 15 kids in her K class) and I like that there are 2 G&T classes per grade so she has had a different mix of kids each year. Many of the kids in my daughter's class are from outside the district. There is an active PTA and a great after-school program. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks! may I ask- for first and second grade (and 3-5th if you know), are the class sizes also that small?

Thanks,
wing

mfaruqee
04-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Thanks! may I ask- for first and second grade (and 3-5th if you know), are the class sizes also that small?

Thanks,
wing

Hi Wing,

The first and second grade classes are also quite small (my daughter's first grade had 18 kids, and her second grade class has 21 kids). I am not sure about the class sizes for 3rd to 5th.

Mishi