PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Question re: G&T 1st grade entry test and bubble sheets

nycdadks
01-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Dear all,

My little one will be taking the G&T test for entry to 1st grade. The DOE handbook says she will have to bubble in her answers. Can anyone please clarify how this works?
Will there be bubbles under each answer choice or picture for each question (so that she can fill the bubble directly underneath the answer choice she thinks is correct)?
Or, will there be a separate bubble sheet, so that she will have to bubble in all her answers in this separate sheet corresponding to each question?

Last year she did not have to deal with bubble sheets, and they are not using those for anything at school either, so this would be a new thing for her, and I just want to make sure she knows what to do with the bubbles!

Thanks

GregsTutoringNYC
01-06-2019, 04:52 PM
If you go the the part of the handbook with the practice tests it provides "administration advice." Part of that advice deals with how your child will do the bubbling, including their actually doing it.

leng1750
01-14-2019, 09:50 AM
My little one just took the g&t test over the weekend. He is also entering 1st grade but he was born in December and the teacher still helped him fill the bubble. According to my little one, the teacher filled the bubble right under each answer choice for him. (If this is true, it's more likely that the little ones will do the same if they ever need to do it by themselves.) I have prepared him to fill both separate bubble sheet as well as fill right below questions in official practice test.

Please correct me if any info is not right.

Dear all,

My little one will be taking the G&T test for entry to 1st grade. The DOE handbook says she will have to bubble in her answers. Can anyone please clarify how this works?
Will there be bubbles under each answer choice or picture for each question (so that she can fill the bubble directly underneath the answer choice she thinks is correct)?
Or, will there be a separate bubble sheet, so that she will have to bubble in all her answers in this separate sheet corresponding to each question?

Last year she did not have to deal with bubble sheets, and they are not using those for anything at school either, so this would be a new thing for her, and I just want to make sure she knows what to do with the bubbles!

Thanks

GregsTutoringNYC
01-14-2019, 10:36 AM
I know for certain grades the "proctor" will do the bubbling and for some others the child will be asked if they can do it and they negotiate from there. Obviously this was the case with your child. I'd even imagine in some cases the proctor will do it to speed things along depending upon their situation even if not a requirement.

Anyway if done in passing with the child from time to time just like anything else it'll come with time. If nothing else to at least let them see once what's going on can be helpful in terms of the test. As to non-test aspects I consider it in with motor skills and don't focus on it in the grand scheme of things.