PDA

View Full Version : Ask me any questions about HSAS

sabenal
03-18-2019, 02:16 PM
Hey,I'm a freshman at HSAS and if anyone got in/is considering going feel free to message/ask me about my school!

nycnycnyc
03-18-2019, 03:20 PM
Is the school very difficult?
Do kids feel a ton of pressure?
Is the homework manageable?
Thanks!

hsasparent
03-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Thanks!

My daughter is a junior and she often does struggle with work. However, if you excel at time management and are not a frequent procrastinator, the workload should not be that bad. There is a lot of pressure but it depends on who your child is as a person. My daughter strives to do better than her friends and other classmates, and she feels that there is pressure to do so. As you get older, the work and stress will become more manageable even if it increases in difficulty.

Mom2_2
03-18-2019, 06:23 PM
How are the non-humanities programs - are the Math and Science still strong and the teachers good?

sabenal
03-19-2019, 06:42 AM
Thanks!
It all honestly depends on time management. I am AWFUL at that, so in result my grades aren't good and i do feel very stressed. But people who are good at it have great grades and don't find the homework too hard. Be prepared to really work a lot though!

OlympusNYC2
03-24-2019, 07:38 PM
Can you tell me where you think HSAS shines and where you think they can improve?

Zee786
03-25-2019, 08:21 AM
HSAS is a very good school, my son is in 12 grade and he does well. It’s a small class room setting and the teacher and principal knows kids by name. Home work is some what extra but if u manage time u can do it. My son have never an issue for him work but occasionally he will doing HW until 12 midnight.
They have very good science programs like Forensics, Diseases, Physics etc.
Student can take Honors program in most of the subjects.
If u guys have any questions feel free to ask me, I will post asking my son if anything related to courses. Couple years I was on PT association of HSAS.
Currently my another kid got into Brooklyn Tech but we might let him try 9 grade SHSAT so he can choose HSAS