PDA

View Full Version : All NYC Please Post 9th Grade SHSAT Subjects For Math/Reading Here and Cutoff Scores

iiNewbie
03-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Please Post 9th Grade SHSAT Subjects For Math/Reading Here and Cutoff Scores. I didn't get to any specialized high schools with a 458 :(

richard.zhao
03-20-2019, 01:08 PM
9th Grade SHSAT no offer - 543

hyper
03-20-2019, 01:25 PM

Wait, what was your first choice?

richard.zhao
03-20-2019, 01:38 PM
stuy

anxiousmom
03-20-2019, 03:10 PM
my son scored 598 only to S.I.T (2nd choice) what's the cutoff score for stuy? anyone know?

GregsTutoringNYC
03-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Please Post 9th Grade SHSAT Subjects For Math/Reading

The Reading topics are the same, just the "next step along" given it's a year later.

The Math topics including the previous topics plus additional ones. This is most of them:

For Grade 8 SHSAT (and Grade 9): time, mean, rates, proportions and ratios, slope, linear equations, rational numbers, perimeter, area, volume, circumference, "percent" problems including discounts/taxes/etc, fractions, decimals (including repeating), geometrically similar object and their scaling, number line including scaling and negative units, absolute value, adding and subtracting involving negative and positives, algebra involving one variable of various sorts, rules and truisms involving intersecting lines, circles/triangles/quadrilaterals/polygons/cubes/right prisms, angles and their sums/interior/exterior/within polygons, parallel lines, population inferences, word problems, multi-step solutions, chance and probability including factorials, from lists and data sets, unit conversions, parallelogram, trapezoid, octagon, rectangle, square, order of operations, numeric patterns, prime number, prime factorization, mixed fractions, fraction ordering, conversion to/from decimals/fractions

For Grade 9 SHSAT: graphing/slope/intercept/distance, number line, FOIL, solving linear equations, inequalities, shaded regions, using functions including comparing/rate of change/interpreting/input/output, geometric similarity and congruence, Pythagorean Theorem, right triangles, translations/rotations/reflections/dilations, more slope/coordinates/grids/distances, more cones/cylinders/spheres/volume, radical numbers, exponents, square and cube roots, scientific and decimal notations and conversions thereof, outliers

iiNewbie
03-21-2019, 12:55 PM
The Reading topics are the same, just the "next step along" given it's a year later.

The Math topics including the previous topics plus additional ones. This is most of them:

For Grade 8 SHSAT (and Grade 9): time, mean, rates, proportions and ratios, slope, linear equations, rational numbers, perimeter, area, volume, circumference, "percent" problems including discounts/taxes/etc, fractions, decimals (including repeating), geometrically similar object and their scaling, number line including scaling and negative units, absolute value, adding and subtracting involving negative and positives, algebra involving one variable of various sorts, rules and truisms involving intersecting lines, circles/triangles/quadrilaterals/polygons/cubes/right prisms, angles and their sums/interior/exterior/within polygons, parallel lines, population inferences, word problems, multi-step solutions, chance and probability including factorials, from lists and data sets, unit conversions, parallelogram, trapezoid, octagon, rectangle, square, order of operations, numeric patterns, prime number, prime factorization, mixed fractions, fraction ordering, conversion to/from decimals/fractions

For Grade 9 SHSAT: graphing/slope/intercept/distance, number line, FOIL, solving linear equations, inequalities, shaded regions, using functions including comparing/rate of change/interpreting/input/output, geometric similarity and congruence, Pythagorean Theorem, right triangles, translations/rotations/reflections/dilations, more slope/coordinates/grids/distances, more cones/cylinders/spheres/volume, radical numbers, exponents, square and cube roots, scientific and decimal notations and conversions thereof, outliers

thanks a lot greg :D

iiNewbie
03-21-2019, 12:55 PM

what were ur 2nd and 3rd choices?

richard.zhao
03-21-2019, 02:01 PM
I put Bronx Science second

lucky_jalepeno
03-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Would anyone liken the 9th grade math topics to the Algebra 1 regents? And is the ELA just a little harder in terms of vocab and difficulty of passages? thanks

GregsTutoringNYC
03-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Not quite lucky it takes a tangent if you will although having done Algebra 1 will definitely help lots.

NYCSTUDENT1487
03-31-2019, 01:35 PM
I had a friend who scored a 590 at 9th grade and no offer. I think she only put stuy but I’m not sure. There was this other friend who did get into stuy in 9th grade. She got into Bronx in eighth grade and scored a 689 and got into stuy in ninth grade

StudentJonathan
05-23-2019, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know the cutoff score for the 2018-2019 9th grade shsat cutoff score for all the specialize high school? Thank you!

GregsTutoringNYC
05-24-2019, 01:54 AM
I am actually still trying to get this information from the DOE. Finally they responded to some of my pokes but with nonsense so I'm still turning the screws.