PDA

View Full Version : All SF Bring original docs to the EPC when submitting your application

debrasx2
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
I rushed to the EPC yesterday before closing all excited to turn in our application. It wasn't until I got there that I realized I needed to bring original documentation, especially the birth certificate. What a downer. Guess I'll just have to schlep back there another time.

Those of you who haven't turned in your app, just remember not to make the same mistake I did!

debrasx2
01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I was finally able to go back to the EPC today. This time I made sure to bring the original birth certificate, driver registration and print outs of our bills (pay all our bills online). They winced a little at the bill printouts but the thing I was annoyed about was the home language questions. My son is bilingual so naturally I put down English and another language. Because of the additional language, they made me schedule a English proficiency test. I protested that he has two first languages so why bother with the test. For those of you with bilingual kids, think carefully about how you choose to answer these questions.

Anyway, our application is in. Now the waiting game begins!

mommyemmett
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the heads up. It would be a total pain to go there and have to go back home for the original docs. Just curious, was the wait at the EPC long?

halfmoonmom
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Before you make the trek down to the EPC today, they are closed. Because of the furlough days, the Educational Placement Center will be closed on the following dates: Feb 4, Feb 21, Mar 9, Mar 25, and Apr 25, 2011.

chellebellesf
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I just turned our application in. Yay! Friday is the deadline so don't wait until the last minute. Lines will be crazy. Also, if you bring bills with your spouse's name on it, make sure the address is the same or else they'll give you a hard time. Luckily I brought two with each of our names on it so they really couldn't say anything.

debrasx2
02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Bumping this to remind other parents that today is the deadline for submitting your application. Good luck!