PDA

View Full Version : All NYC How should we go about working the waitlist?

seemommycry
02-14-2011, 07:34 AM
We were waitlisted everywhere! What do I do now to work the waitlist? Do I call everyday, every other day or even more than once a day? What do I say? Wish me luck.

kperry12573
02-14-2011, 08:33 AM
If you didn't email the DOA as soon as you received the notification, call her or the admissions office NOW. Tell them you are VERY interested in the school and will accept the first spot if offered. Tell them that you were waitlisted everywhere else - sometimes they assume that somebody else would have taken you. Be sure to ask them when it's appropriate to call back and how often. Hopefully, most parents who were accepted but not planning to go will release their spots in a timely fashion. GL!

jspencernyc5
02-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Make sure you're working with your PSD on getting off the waitlist. She's probably calling the schools to find out where you are on the WL. If you have any preference among the ones you are WL'd, be sure she knows that. Like the poster above said, express your interest to the schools that you are interested in staying on the WL until a spot opens up. I would imagine they should start seeing some movement tomorrow or Wednesday as parents begin to release spots.