PDA

View Full Version : Pac Hts-Marina How much does full-time preschool cost?

MaddyK
02-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Can someone tell me how much full-time preschool costs (M-F) including aftercare (8:30/9:00 am to 5 pm) in the Marina/Cow Hollow/Pac Heights neighborhoods?

I see that many preschools only offer part time care a few days a week which wouldn't work - how do most parents handle this challenge here...hire a nanny? Or do a lot of mothers stay at home?

sanfranciscomom
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
We looked at preschools a while ago but remember looking at Ladybug and thinking it was resonable as a FT option. We wound up keeping our nanny and our child went to PT preschool. Most families at our school with 2 working parents have nanny's but the majority of families have at least one parent staying at home to juggle the pick up/drop off.

oskimom
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Yup, most preschools in the area offer only half day options. Some are even only a couple days a week. Tuition runs from $3600 for two half days/wk at Cow Hollow, which requires a lot of parent participation, to $12000+ for five half days/wk at Little School.

MaddyK
02-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Thank you both, this information was really helpful and I appreciate the specifics :)

mommichoi
03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Are you looking at any of the Marin Day programs? They have two close to Pac Hts area. A friend sends her child to one of the downtown locations. I think they have full day programs along with extended care.

MaddyK
03-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the tip - I hadn't been considering them but am definitely going to add them to my list!

ladivavida
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I didn't see this thread until now - sorry. One of our friends has her child at Phoebe Hearst, which is actually full day. It's a great program. She raves about it.

chattyker
04-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Another magical school with a full time program that you should consider is Pacific Primary. It's not in the neighborhoods you mentioned but still relatively easy to get to. The school really caters to working parents with a program that runs from 7:30am to just after 6pm.