PDA

View Full Version : Pac Hts-Marina My application experience with The Little School

sanfranciscomom
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I am sharing our experience of The Little School application process and hope that this will be helpful to those of you just starting out.

The Little School is our neighborhood preschool so I was very committed to trying to get our child accepted to the school. I was impressed with Leslie and the teachers on staff. Since we attended an evening tour, we did not see the school filled with children but we watched an inspirational video that made me love what the school represented. The Little School was the only school we toured where they actually gave out lists of current parents names that you could call & ask questions. I loved the opportunity to call current families and hear their experiences. I called 2 different families with questions about diversity and overall fabric of the school – both parents were incredibly honest and helpful in those discussions.

The Little School was also the first tour we went on and the only one my husband was able to attend with me because of his work schedule. However, as I toured many other schools, I realized that while the Little School was special, there were other places I could also see our child thriving (even if we couldn’t walk there). In the end, we were not accepted and I still remind myself of Leslie’s handwritten note on the rejection letter “While we wish we had a spot for your child, please remember that the most important education your child gets is the one they will receive at home.” I still think about it, because it is honestly so true and speaks volumes about why every child & school is special for different reasons.

Good luck to all of you in your search for the perfect preschool for your child and family.