+ Reply to Thread

San Francisco Middle School Comparison Chart

A few awesome parents put this comparison chart of the middle schools in San Francisco:

Middle_School_Comparison.v2.xls

Quote Originally Posted by merenaka View Post
    A few awesome parents put this comparison chart of the middle schools in San Francisco:

Attachment 50
    if the ethnicity percentage is less than a full 1% (.91% in the case of Vis Valley) does this mean that the school has NO children of that class enrolled?

Quote Originally Posted by LMatsen View Post
    if the ethnicity percentage is less than a full 1% (.91% in the case of Vis Valley) does this mean that the school has NO children of that class enrolled?
    I'm guessing you're referring to the 0.71% White? Since enrollment at Vis Valley is 283, 0.71% of that means 2 students out of the whole student pop are white.

Is this why the district wants kids (white in my case) from outside Vis valley to go there, even when it means that driving there would take an hour (forget Muni) ? So the percentage would be 1.25% ?

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaeliz View Post
    Is this why the district wants kids (white in my case) from outside Vis valley to go there, even when it means that driving there would take an hour (forget Muni) ? So the percentage would be 1.25% ?
    that's kind of what I'm wondering too.