http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/momm...fight-14671466

More from Chicago Sun-Times by Nanci Hellmich:
A Chicago school worker ate and secretly photographed school lunch meals for a year and blogged about how bad they were, developing a following of thousands of people along the way. This week, she is revealing her identity for the first time — Sarah Wu, 34, a speech pathologist in Chicago’s public schools — and releasing her new book, Fed Up With Lunch (Chronicle Books, $22.95).

“With the blog, I really wanted a public record of these meals that I couldn’t believe were being served to kids,” she says. “I thought the book would reach a wider audience.”

It all started one day when Wu didn’t have time to pack her own lunch and bought a school lunch instead — was a hot dog encased in soggy dough, which came with six tater tots, a Jell-O cup and chocolate milk.

“I thought to myself, ‘I cannot believe this is the food that the kids are eating,’ ” says Wu.

She was working in a large elementary school where more than 90 percent of the kids qualified for free and reduced lunches.

“Many of my students were coming from poverty,” says Wu, who has a 3-year-old son. “Their families were living paycheck to paycheck. Many of my students relied on school lunch for their best meal of the day.”

In all, she says she ate 162 school lunches in a year.

read more>>