+ Reply to Thread

Hunter admissions test cutoff for this year?

Any guesses on what the cutoff score will be on the SB5 for Hunter this year? We got DS' results back and it's 149. I'm afraid that means we'll be biting our nails until they post the cutoff..

Last year's cutoff was 149 and the year before was 148 I believe. If the trend holds, it'll be 150 this year, which means you'll be outside looking in. But you never know so keep your hopes up.

It would be so depressing to miss the cutoff by 1 point. I know there's still round 2 but to be so close yet so far.

Does the SB5 score matter when you advance to the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by mleemom View Post
    Does the SB5 score matter when you advance to the second round?
    Apparently, the school tries to keep the kids' scores secret from the evaluators so they remain objective during the evaluations.

Wasn't Hunter supposed to release the cutoff score today? I heard somewhere that the cutoff would be 148 but I don't see it on the website.

Oh there it is. It was posted at the top of the page - not the bottom. It is 148.

Wow - we made the cutoff, how exciting! I thought we were going to miss it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by afeinny View Post
    Oh there it is. It was posted at the top of the page - not the bottom. It is 148.

Wow - we made the cutoff, how exciting! I thought we were going to miss it for sure.
    Congratulations! Good for your kid. I'm surprised that the score went down this year. I wonder what happened.

Ds scored 147. I didn't think he had a chance since last year's score was 149. Now that we know this year's cutoff is 148, I'm more bummed than before knowing we were so close.