+ Reply to Thread

How many questions can my child miss and still score 99% in OLSAT for NYC G&T entry?

From Bright Kids NYC:
    What will it take to score a 99% in NYC? Finally, an answer!

Your child’s G&T percentile rank is the calculated from the combined OLSAT and BSRA scores. The OLSAT score is weighted 75%, and the BSRA score is weighted 25%. Children are placed into three-month age bands, so the students are compared to children their own age, not grade.

Because percentile ranks show where your child stands relative to other students, there is no way to know exactly how many questions your child can miss to still rank in the 99th percentile. The test can differ in difficulty from year to year, changing the number of allowable missed questions.

Here is a breakdown of allowable missed questions based on the past few years’ K entry test:
    • January-March birthdays: allowed to miss 3-4 questions and get a 99%
    • April-June birthdays: allowed to miss 5-6 questions and get a 99%
    • July-September birthdays: allowed to miss 6-7 questions and get a 99%
    • October-December birthdays: allowed to miss 8-9 questions and get a 99%
    If your child’s test date falls during their age band, it matters what date they are taking the test.

read more>>

Total number of questions in NYC G&T test. For 2013 and earlier year ?

What is the total number of questions a child have to sit thru in NYC G&T testing. Especially for 2013 testing. And how many were there in 2012 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SNL2013 View Post
    What is the total number of questions a child have to sit thru in NYC G&T testing. Especially for 2013 testing. And how many were there in 2012 ?
    When my dc took the test for K, I think there were 60 questions for OLSAT and 88 questions for the Bracken. Not sure if it'll be the same in 2013.

What about current kindergartners taking the G&T test. How many can they get wrong?

Search 'spreadsheet' on this board and find the raw score G&T spreadsheets for past years. People on this board enter the scores and percentiles. I don't have all the links handy, but here's the one for last year: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=439114268

Remember, it's going to be a little different every year, depending on how it curves.