+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New York preschool decisions - what have you heard?

Are the preschool decision letters getting mailed tomorrow or Wednesday? Please share when you receive them.

ISAAGNY says the decision date is March 1 but many schools say they'll be sending out the decision letters today Febraury 28. We should be getting notified probably tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I wonder who will email the notifications today?

I know many of you are probably on edge waiting for the letters to arrive - I was where you are last year. The one little advice I'd give, if anyone cares, is be patient. We were able to get off the WL at one of our top choices and forgo the one accept we had early on. Waitlists DO move for preschools so don't get panicked if you get a bunch WL letters in the beginning. Wish you all luck!!

A bunch of waitlists: 92nd St Y, Christ Church, Brick Church and so on. Did get into ECNS so am happy to not have to fight the battle.

We got an acceptance for dc at WSMS. We passed up a spot at IPS last year so we can apply to WSMS and some other preschools this year. Glad it all worked out or else...

Have a spot at a preschool but would really like to get off WL at 92nd St Y or St. Thomas More Playgroup. Do those WLs move at all?

Accepted to Barrows Street and Chelsea Day. Will probably go with the one closer to home. Never made it through the lottery for Beginnings, which was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by annamon View Post
    Have a spot at a preschool but would really like to get off WL at 92nd St Y or St. Thomas More Playgroup. Do those WLs move at all?
    Those are probably two of the toughest programs in the UES to get a spot. That said, we got off the waitlist ourselves last year for another program so it is possible. Just stay persistent and be sure to communicate to them that you're ready to accept the spot if offered. Wishing you luck.

DC got a spot at both Beginnings and Washington Market! I can't believe it. I've been struggling between the two. Beginnings was our first choice and we had friends write letters for us. Would it be bad if we chose to go to Washington Market instead?

Quote Originally Posted by lslvn9 View Post
    DC got a spot at both Beginnings and Washington Market! I can't believe it. I've been struggling between the two. Beginnings was our first choice and we had friends write letters for us. Would it be bad if we chose to go to Washington Market instead?
    I wouldn't advise selecting Washington Market in your situation unless you have a very compelling reason why it is far superior to Beginnings. Otherwise, you risk burning a bridge with your friend and make them look bad to the school.