+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Specialized High School SHSAT Cutoff Scores for 2012

I had put together the cutoff scores for last year (2011) so I figured I might as well do it for this year. The scores listed are the lowest acceptance score I came across. If you have any data, please share. I'll continue to update this post as new information pops up.

Stuyvesant 562
    Bronx Science 512
    Brooklyn Latin 472
    Brooklyn Technical 482
    HSMSE @ CCNY 495
    HSAS @ Lehman 502
    Queens Science @ York College ?
    Staten Island Tech 499

Stuyvesant 567
    Bronx Science 518
    Brooklyn Latin 477
    Brooklyn Technical 487
    HSMSE @ CCNY 498
    HSAS @ Lehman 508
    Queens Science @ York College 502
    Staten Island Tech 485
    Last edited by jsam1127; 03-06-2012 at 03:59 PM.

My daughter was accepted to HSAS @ Lehman with a score of 502

Quote Originally Posted by marfarma View Post
    My daughter was accepted to HSAS @ Lehman with a score of 502
    Thank you for the datapoint. I updated the list above. Congratulations!

For 2011, SI Tech was 485 and Queens @York was 502, according to a list supplied by a reputable Test Center.

For 2012, it's already been reported that the lowest score for acceptance into any specialized school was 477, Brooklyn Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus212 View Post
    For 2011, SI Tech was 485 and Queens @York was 502, according to a list supplied by a reputable Test Center.

For 2012, it's already been reported that the lowest score for acceptance into any specialized school was 477, Brooklyn Latin.
    Thank you lotus212 for the updates. I adjusted the post accordingly. Do you mind pointing me to where the 477 was reported? Thanks again.

http://insideschools.org/blog/item/1...rs-10-in-limbo FOURTH PARAGRAPH

I also read it in another DOE issued document but I can't find it any longer. Note, Inside Schools article indicates 472, not 477, as lowest score. However, I have seen 477 cited many times, so not sure which is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus212 View Post
    http://insideschools.org/blog/item/1...rs-10-in-limbo FOURTH PARAGRAPH

I also read it in another DOE issued document but I can't find it any longer. Note, Inside Schools article indicates 472, not 477, as lowest score. However, I have seen 477 cited many times, so not sure which is correct.
    I see it on Insideschools. DOE released only one document as far as I know and I didn't see it there. I'll go with what Insideschools has for now.

brooklyn tech is wrong, the cutoff score is 482, because my friend and i put it as our 1st choice and he got accepted with a score of 482 and i didnt with a score of 481!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fahims98 View Post
    brooklyn tech is wrong, the cutoff score is 482, because my friend and i put it as our 1st choice and he got accepted with a score of 482 and i didnt with a score of 481!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry to hear that you missed the Brooklyn Tech cutoff by 1 pt. That must be very frustrating! The score I had before was based on the lowest score I had seen so thank you for the updated info.

My son got into HSMSE with 515, but I expect the cut off is lower than that. He put it first.