+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

San Francisco public school assignment lottery for 2012-2013 - Please share

The assignment letters should be going out this Friday, March 16 from the EPC, and I can't wait for Saturday to come already. I'm so antsy to find out where we are assigned. I'd love to know how everybody else did so can you please share which school you received, which choice it was and how many other schools you listed? Good luck!!

Bwt, I saw on the SFUSD website that the EPC is closed on Friday. I'm guessing that shouldn't impact the mailing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lmduv9 View Post
    The assignment letters should be going out this Friday, March 16 from the EPC, and I can't wait for Saturday to come already. I'm so antsy to find out where we are assigned. I'd love to know how everybody else did so can you please share which school you received, which choice it was and how many other schools you listed? Good luck!!

Bwt, I saw on the SFUSD website that the EPC is closed on Friday. I'm guessing that shouldn't impact the mailing, right?
    Can anybody confirm that the letters will go out tomorrow? I hope we'll have good news this weekend.

So today's the day, right? The day is going so slow while we wait for good old USPS.

Got our letter just now - very unhappy. We did not get our first choice, despite it being a not overly popular school (Sunset), no preschool feeder school and us living in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cita1964 View Post
    Got our letter just now - very unhappy. We did not get our first choice, despite it being a not overly popular school (Sunset), no preschool feeder school and us living in the zone.
    Did you get your second or third choice? We live in the Clarendon attendance area but we're not holding out hope for Clarendon. We're just hoping we don't get shut out...

We wanted to see which schools we might be able to get for first grade so we submitted an application again this year. We put down Clarendon, Rooftop, Miraloma, Alvarado and a couple others but no luck still. We'll probably stay where we are. I hope other parents have better luck than we've had these last two years.

We got our 9th choice - Rosa Parks JBBP. It's a nice community school (though we're neither Japanese nor African American) and it's logistically convenient for us. We did not get our neighborhood school, New Traditions. We'll keep trying for New Traditions through all the rounds. If you got New Traditions and you are going private or you're going to move out of the city, please release your spot!!

I can't believe it - we got our third choice Claire Lillienthal after the two Clarendon programs. I'm so ecstatic that we don't have to think about schools until 8th grade.

As I suspected, we went 0 for 11. So maddening!!! Living in the Clarendon attendance area seems to be a penalty. Not only do we have no chance after sibs and CTIP1, we don't even get the attendace area tiebreaker for anywhere else. Round2 here we come... though not holding much hope for a better result.

We also got shut out (0 for 8) and were assigned McCoppin. It's close to us but we're definitely doing Round 2 hoping for our attendance area school, which is Peabody.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast