+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    We finally found out we received a spot at our zoned school in the Upper West Side. Now the waiting game begins for G&T scores...

Quote Originally Posted by gottnick View Post
    We finally found out we received a spot at our zoned school in the Upper West Side. Now the waiting game begins for G&T scores...
    Nice! Our zoned school wasn't a good option before the deadline and is scheduled to close. Since then we learned a whole new public school with some potential will be opening in the fall. I filled out an app for them last week. Not sure how that will work in terms of notifications and when we'll be getting them.

I just got a second rejection notice. Needless to say I am getting very nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by deadcalm View Post
    I just got a second rejection notice. Needless to say I am getting very nervous.
    Wow, when did you get the first?! This is really annoying to say the least. We shouldn't be feeling this way re kindergarten. It's not this stressful back home in Montreal, Canada. Everyone I speak to can't understand what the big deal is here, lol. How many public schools did you apply to?

The problem is that I live in a zone where all the PS are horrible and have extremely low test scores. Therefore, most of the schools I have applied for were out of zone. 3 of the PS school I applied for are non-zone schools, but they had 550 applicants for 70 slots. So the changes of me getting a slot was very slim. I applied for the charters schools, but I really don't want my child in a charter school. I am still keeping my fingers cross.

Quote Originally Posted by deadcalm View Post
    The problem is that I live in a zone where all the PS are horrible and have extremely low test scores. Therefore, most of the schools I have applied for were out of zone. 3 of the PS school I applied for are non-zone schools, but they had 550 applicants for 70 slots. So the changes of me getting a slot was very slim. I applied for the charters schools, but I really don't want my child in a charter school. I am still keeping my fingers cross.
    Same problem here. My zoned school has been getting F's and is finally getting shut down. The other schools in my district aren't the best and the ones I really like are out of my district. I don't mind the charters I've visited and some have excellent scores.