+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NYC gifted and talented program testing results 2012-2013

Here is the preliminary summary of testers by for gifted and talented programs in the city.

The total number of testers was 14,249 for 2012-2013 vs 14,040 for 2011-2012, an increase of 1.5%.

The total number of testers who qualified for a citywide G&T program (Anderson, NEST+m, TAG, Brooklyn School of Inquiry, STEM) was 2,656 for 2012-2013 vs 1,803 for 2011-2012, an increase of 47.3%.

The total number of testers who qualified for a district G&T program was 2,256 for 2012-2013 vs 2,197 for 2011-2012, an increase of 2.7%.

As you can see, the big change was in the number of kindergarten applicants who qualified for citywide, which means getting a citywide spot will be that much harder.

Name:  G&Tgrade2012.gif
Views: 16175
Size:  24.3 KB

Below is a spreadsheet of the G&T test results for children entering kindergarten broken out by district (the 2011 data differs slightly from the table above due to the below being preliminary data):

Name:  G&Tdistrict2012.gif
Views: 16483
Size:  98.4 KB

Very helpful info...thank you!

I'm wondering if you could answer a question...do you know if there are resources available that provides insight into the number of spots available to non-K or 1st grade G&T programs? I'm new to this site, and find it incredibly helpful for K/1, but I have not found a lot of info on grades beyond those. I'd be curious to see how many spots incoming G&T 2nd and 3rd graders are vying for in citywide and district schools (specifically looking at district 2).

Do you know if such info if available, either current or historical? Thank you in advance for any reply!

Quote Originally Posted by dsong02 View Post
    Very helpful info...thank you!

I'm wondering if you could answer a question...do you know if there are resources available that provides insight into the number of spots available to non-K or 1st grade G&T programs? I'm new to this site, and find it incredibly helpful for K/1, but I have not found a lot of info on grades beyond those. I'd be curious to see how many spots incoming G&T 2nd and 3rd graders are vying for in citywide and district schools (specifically looking at district 2).

Do you know if such info if available, either current or historical? Thank you in advance for any reply!
    From what I know, the information on available G&T spots beyond even the kindergarten grade is hard to come by. The spots available then becomes largely a result of attrition. I wish I have more info more you - sorry.

Number of Kindergarten Applicants Who Scored 99 on OLSAT/BRSA

A total of 1,603 kindergarten applicants scored 99 on the G&T breakdown. Below is the data by district (adding up the numbers by district added up to only 1,564 however):

Name:  2012G&T99s.jpg
Views: 15065
Size:  65.1 KB

is this info available for 1st-3rd grades?

Bogus Olsat Results

I don't understand why the statistics say that no child in district 23 (worst district in Bklyn) scored within the 99th percentile when in fact my dc lives in this district and scored a 99. It's bad enough that all of the schools in this district are failing but to NOT acknowledge that my child has a perfect score is a DISGRACE!!!

Mother of Truly Gifted Child From District 23

Quote Originally Posted by dsong02 View Post
    is this info available for 1st-3rd grades?
    Please see the document below.

Thanks for this info! It seems to me that this is incomplete, as the numbers don't add up. Is this a preliminary data set to be updated or am I reading this incorrectly?

Thanks again!

This is preliminary data. I was having trouble getting the results to add up so I'm assuming DOE is still finalizing the results.

I'm new to this nerve-wracking process. Has the DOE ever released information on how many people actually applied for the program after receiving the scores and looking at the schools?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast