+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Parentsforfaireducation View Post
    Just want you know that a sibling who scores 90 will trump a kid who scores 99 for the district wide.
    My daughter scores 99, and applying for the 1st grade. I don't think she can get a spot in district program also, since there are so many siblings score 90 and up. According to the information Anderson's provided:http://www.ps334school.org/admissions/open-house-nights

Is the test for selecting gifted children, or just doing favors for those siblings' parents? There are many siblings not even facing separate schooling, since they are already at the same school which has G+T classes and general classes. How can they get the spots before the 99's without sibling at the same school?????

Quote Originally Posted by catsam View Post
    Is the test for selecting gifted children, or just doing favors for those siblings' parents?
    Your observation is spot on. I've been saying this about the citywide program; that since 99th percentile is absolutely necessary in order to be offered placement, the only reason whatsoever 97th is the published criteria is to let siblings jump the line

The same applies for district, since at this point a child will likely need to place 96th at worst in order to get into any G&T program at all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8