+ Reply to Thread

Number of available spots at SF independent schools - can anyone please post insight from tours?

Now that tours have already started, can anyone provide insight on how many spots are available (after sibling/legacies) for the co-ed and same sex independent schools? Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mannamom View Post
    Now that tours have already started, can anyone provide insight on how many spots are available (after sibling/legacies) for the co-ed and same sex independent schools? Thanks for sharing!
    Great idea - I'll be sure to share what nuggets I get from the tours.

I don't think we'll know the number of spots available until the schools start processing all the sibling applications. I imagine it may be another few weeks.

Synergy confirmed they have 5 spots (in their combined JK/K class); SF Day has 20 girl spots which is higher than the number of boy spots; SF School has 4 spots, Friends has 12 girl spots. Does anyone know other school spots now that siblings have been screened?

I think Burkes has about half the spots available for non siblings. We haven't toured Hamlin yet so I'll share whatever I hear. One thing I do know is that we have friends with summer siblings that are getting spots for next year at Hamlin. I'm scared that means it may be a big sibling year there.

From what I've heard, this year is actually a low sibling number year at a bunch of the schools and even coeds like MCDS. A bunch of the parents are saying this is the year to apply!

Yup, Live Oaks said this will be their best year in recent years - much less than half the spots will be taken by siblings - yay!

My tour notes from last fall say Burke's had 45 total K seats and 12 siblings. Interestingly, they said siblings aren't automatically accepted. So the approximate number of non-sibling openings was 33.