+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Hi bedstuymom, that information is indeed outdated. Even up to last year, you had to call up and ask if any spots opened up and if it was your lucky day you could get a vacated placement. They changed it for this year to make it more fair, as described in the published G&T handbook. It's supposedly an automated process: everyone was sorted by lottery within each percentile to form an ordered list of applicants. If a spot opens up, the computer is supposed to go through that list and offer the position to the first applicant who ranked it above what s/he was eventually offered. If they decline, the spot gets offered to the applicant, etc...
    I thought it might be. My current state of disillusionment with the entire kindergarten application process is such that I would not be surprised to see a citywide spot for sale on eBay. I just don't believe there's a process. I wish I had strings to pull.

I need to put my citywide dream behind me. This process has been harrowing. I'm going to stick with my prior notion that spots go to new arrivals or siblings - once you're out, you're out (forever).

Quote Originally Posted by nycparent View Post
    I am sure some district programs will have open spots.
    Went to D25, PS165 today. The administrator said something that she has to process 107 kids for the school's 2 K classes and 2 1st grade classes. If 32 is the cap for the 1st grade and 25 for the K, there should be 7 seats open between K and 1st G.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuy2013 View Post
    Went to D25, PS165 today. The administrator said something that she has to process 107 kids for the school's 2 K classes and 2 1st grade classes. If 32 is the cap for the 1st grade and 25 for the K, there should be 7 seats open between K and 1st G.
    What the school administrator said doesn't imply any open seats are available there. It's too early to tell, because the deadline to accept offers is Jun 28 and DOE extends more offers than there are available seats.

P.S. - I take it you are registering your child at PS 165? I don't live in that district but I attended the open house because the school is located nearby. The administration is nice but I was completely put off by the lack of ethnic diversity in the G&T classes. Almost every child was of the same race, and it was obvious that the kids are being raised by tiger moms. The music teacher put on a show peformed by the kids, and they all played piano and violin as though they were professionally trained at a very early age. This is not a particularly healthy environment for a child to learn how to integrate in a multi-cultural society. If I were faced with a choice for my child to attend a school like that versus a zoned general ed school, I'd have to choose the gen ed school.

Бесплатная эротика и секс фото галереи http://bdsm-siski-2.bdsmsex.top/?post-kaylyn