+ Reply to Thread

Tips for applying to Bard High School Early College by a kid for kids

From N.Y. Examiner by Alina Adams:
    We've heard about getting ready for the Specialized High School Test (SHSAT), now it's time for our intrepid, 8th grade guide to fill you in on what you need to know about admission to Bard High School/Early College.

Bard High School Early College is one of the many screened and “selective” schools of New York City. This school is unique since it combines, in four years, a high school diploma and an Associates in the Arts Degree. This school is actually two schools or two campuses, one on the Lower East Side in Manhattan and one in Long Island City in Queens. In order to be considered for admission, you must take an assessment test.

The assessment test is 90 minutes long with two sections: writing and math. First things first, sign up for the test. To sign up, go to http://bhsec.bard.edu/admission/ and sign up on the day after Labor Day, right before you start eight (or ninth) grade, otherwise you may not get a spot.

Next you must learn about the test; I will tell you what you need to know.

read more>>

Hi,

The "read more" link at the end of your post is broken. I would love to know more about the test.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marianthy View Post
    Hi,

The "read more" link at the end of your post is broken. I would love to know more about the test.

Thanks
    Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, the source of the article has changed its website and the article can no longer be found.

To learn more about Bard High School admissions, and in particular what is known about the test, click here, or visit url:

http://www.originstutoring.com/blog/...dmissions-test

Bard does not provide samples of the admissions test so this info is gathered from students who have gone though the admissions screening process over the years.

Hi! Is anyone here going to Bard Early College in the Manhattan campus?