+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by samarap View Post
    Hi folks, have been reading all these discussions and good information. I have a question. My kid got the choice to attend G&T program at P.S.018 Winchester (Queens Village). Can someone help me out with the G&T rating and review for this school? Based on regular rankings this school has been going down for a couple of years and my zoned school P.S. 205 (Queens district 26) is so much better in rankings. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated about the G&T at P.S.018 Winchester (Queens Village) vs. my zoned regular school P.S. 205 (Queens district 26). Thanks a lot folks. This will also help me on settling down for a rental choice I have.
    When I toured PS 18, they seemed really overcrowded. They had to give up their newly renovated library because they ran out of classroom space. Personally, if I had a choice between an overcrowded, max capacity school or a good local Zoned school (like PS 205), I would choose P.S. 205.

Hi Drool6 .. Thanks a lot for your comments. It makes sense and I just don't the get the feeling for PS18 with their scores, given that it is an average of G&T kids and GenEd kids.

So can you (or someone) please confirm that the G&T kids and GenEd kids take the same tests at the end of their 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades. And if so then a G&T school having low grades will not be my choice. Thanks again to all.

Quote Originally Posted by samarap View Post
    Hi Drool6 .. Thanks a lot for your comments. It makes sense and I just don't the get the feeling for PS18 with their scores, given that it is an average of G&T kids and GenEd kids.

So can you (or someone) please confirm that the G&T kids and GenEd kids take the same tests at the end of their 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades. And if so then a G&T school having low grades will not be my choice. Thanks again to all.
    No Problem. From the open house at another G&T in District 26 I toured (PS115), they mentioned that ratings were based on the whole school test results. The tests should all be the same. I'd be surprised if it was any different.

Does anyone know of any prep programs for NYC G&T?

not a program but we used workbooks from here that worked out pretty well for us last year.

http://www.prepstrong.com/collection...level-a-prek-k
    http://www.prepstrong.com/collection...level-a-prek-k