+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Just got this at 4:29pm-
    Dear Families,

Spring is finally here and soon we’ll be sending out kindergarten placement offers. You can expect to receive a letter in the mail during the spring recess (April 14-22) and pre-registration will begin at schools after that time. Families who applied online will receive an email notification and can log in to see their placement letter.

If your child also participated in the Gifted & Talented testing process this winter, you will receive results later this week. Families of eligible students will have until April 21 to submit an application.

Also, you can find information about new full-day pre-kindergarten (pre-k) programs on the Pre-K website. The deadline to apply to pre-k is April 23.

As always, if you have questions about elementary school admissions, reach out to us at 718-935-2009 or email ES_Enrollment@schools.nyc.gov.

Thank you,
    Elementary School Admissions Team

A poster on urbanbaby says that g&t scores are already in the system if you have your child's pin number. It didn't help her because her child is a new tester and she hasn't received her pin. I don't know if the scores are actually up because my child is a new tester too.

DOE sent email with PIN #. Just recieved @ 8:11am. Children got into district G&T last year for K and it's been great. Trying for first grade citywide BSI. Chances are .00000001%.

Still waiting on our pin... does the pin only get sent to those who made it?

Just got it for one of my twins! 96!
    Missed citywide options by 1 point, weird to be that close but not matter.

Waiting on other twin...
    Ah! He is 99... now what do you do? : )
    Last edited by MorganBx1138; 04-04-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: update

Don't know. Trying to figure out how to see the scores. This is the text of the email.

Dear Parent/Guardian of XXXXXXXXXXXX,
    We are pleased to inform you that XXXXXXXXXXXX is eligible to apply for placement in a New York City Department of Education Citywide Gifted & Talented program for the 2014-2015 school year. Students who scored at or above the 97th percentile on the Otis-Lennon School Ability Test (OLSAT) and Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT) are eligible to apply for placement in a Citywide program. Students currently attending a District G&T program may apply for placement in a Citywide program only; they are not eligible to apply for another District program.

You may log in to the website below to view your child's score report, which provides an explanation of how your child's score was determined, and to complete the online application. When applying online, you will need to use the assigned PIN below to access your child's online application.

Have closure now. Child got 98% which rules out having any chance for citywide first grade. I will still apply just in case scores get revised upwards again like last year. Already in a district G&T so can't apply to move to another. Wouldn't want to anyway. G&T roller coaster ride comes to an end. Good luck everyone.

It seems that you may hear whether you have scored in or not. This from the Doe website:
    Score reports and eligibility letters for the 2014-2015 school year were sent to families in early April. If you do not receive your child’s results by April 7th, please call 718-935-2009 for assistance.
    ask me about brooklyn schools
    joyce szuflita http://www.nycschoolhelp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith44 View Post
    Don't know. Trying to figure out how to see the scores. This is the text of the email.

Dear Parent/Guardian of XXXXXXXXXXXX,
    We are pleased to inform you that XXXXXXXXXXXX is eligible to apply for placement in a New York City Department of Education Citywide Gifted & Talented program for the 2014-2015 school year. Students who scored at or above the 97th percentile on the Otis-Lennon School Ability Test (OLSAT) and Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT) are eligible to apply for placement in a Citywide program. Students currently attending a District G&T program may apply for placement in a Citywide program only; they are not eligible to apply for another District program.

You may log in to the website below to view your child's score report, which provides an explanation of how your child's score was determined, and to complete the online application. When applying online, you will need to use the assigned PIN below to access your child's online application.

The pin is listed below

Resulet received

I just receive the score. 99% . I am so proud of my daughter

anyone still waiting for the email?
    We haven't got any emails yet.