+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Gifted & Talented Admissions for the 2014-2015 School Year

The DOE has made available the G&T Application Handbooks for the 2014-2015 school year on its website.
    • The deadline to submit your Request for Testing (RFT) form is November 8, 2013. You can access the form here.
    • For key dates related to the G&T admissions process and the upcoming G&T information sessions, see the Calendar and Events page.
    The handbook provides a more detailed explanation of how the G&T test scores are calculated. Unlike last year, the DOE will be using a 50/50 split for the nonverbal assessment (NNAT) and the verbal assessment (OLSAT) to derive the overall G&T percentile rank.

The sibling priority will remain the same this year, which means:
    • Applicant will be granted sibling priority only if the sibling is pre-registered or enolled in the school for kindergarten through 5th grade.
    • Siblings scoring in 97th percentile or higher will be placed first and ranked by percentiles for Citywide programs. For district-wide programs, siblings scoring 90th percentile or higher will be placed first.
    • After eligible sibling applicants have been placed, applicants without a sibling will then be placed in the order of their percentile rank.

Any words on when are they releasing the G&T test results?
    Some schools already scheduling open house as early as April 7th.

The only thing I saw on the DOE website says early April. I'm guessing early next week?

which schools

Which schools are scheduling tours already? where do you find this information?

It's school by school. once the scores are released, a lot of the school sites will post open house information.

Brooklyn School of Inquiry is hosting open houses on 4/7 and 4/8
    http://brooklynschoolofinquiry.org/a...rd-admissions/

None of the Manhattan citywide schools have updated with anything date specific.

It would be nice to have the results by this weekend.

Did anyone hear or receive anything yet?

nothing yet.

Last year it came on a Saturday morning (3:30 AM on 4/6).
    We received an email with a unique pin to unlock the letter on their site.

I may not even open my daughter's results. I haven't recovered from last year's rollercoaster and now that she's going into first grade the odds are ridiculous.

thats what ive been hearing but still hoping for the best. someone also said they got there results on a sat at 2am with a pin. my guess is they are prob waiting for the city tests to be over with?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast