+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    NYC gifted and talented summary testing results 2014-2015

    Here is the 2014-2015 preliminary summary of testers for gifted and talented programs in the city.

    Couple highlights:
    • Only 948 incoming kindergarteners scored in the 99th percentile vs. 1,451 in 2013-2014.
    • 1,908 incoming kindergarteners are eligible for citywide programs vs. 2,827 in 2013-2014 despite 1000 more test takers.
    NOTE: The DOE used "s" to indicate that there were less than 10 in a given category. It does not mean there were 0.

    Name:  2014-2015_GT_Eligibility_by_Grade_Summary.jpg
Views: 17678
Size:  120.1 KB

    Below is a spreadsheet of the G&T test results broken out by district and grade:

    Name:  2014-2015_GT_Summary_Grade_District_Eligibility.jpg
Views: 19735
Size:  373.7 KB

    Below is a spreadsheet of 2014 G&T Testers Scoring in the 99th Percentile Compared to 2013:

    Name:  2014-2015_GT_Summary_99th_PR_Compared_to_2013_by_Grade.jpg
Views: 18414
Size:  304.1 KB

  2. #2
    Chart does not seem correct, my dc scored in the 97 percentile- yet in out district an 's' is shown. Is this information going to be updated?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbihope View Post
    Chart does not seem correct, my dc scored in the 97 percentile- yet in out district an 's' is shown. Is this information going to be updated?
    Hi Dbihope - this is the data directly from the DOE.They didn't specify what "s" means though it looks like it means number less than 10 rather than none at all. As soon as DOE provides new data, we'll update it accordingly.

  4. #4

    anyone else still not received an email?

    I have two kids who took the test, and haven't gotten an email for either. We are registered online.

  5. #5
    Hi, we registered on online too and my son has not received results yet as well. Good to know I'm not alone. Anyone else didn't receive the results yet??

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chowkitty View Post
    I have two kids who took the test, and haven't gotten an email for either. We are registered online.
    Hi we didn't receive results yet either!!

  7. #7
    I didn't get mine either and we tested on the second Saturday. Everyone I know got their email including the kid who took it the same day and the same test site. I wonder why we didn't get ours.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittymom View Post
    I didn't get mine either and we tested on the second Saturday. Everyone I know got their email including the kid who took it the same day and the same test site. I wonder why we didn't get ours.
    Hi, yup us too... We still have not received it. I guess we will have to call in tomorrow.

  9. #9
    The charts are incorrect...
    My son is 99th% in district 11, you have no one on your 99th chart in district 11... does this indicate other errors?




    Quote Originally Posted by theschoolboards View Post
    Here is the 2014-2015 preliminary summary of testers for gifted and talented programs in the city.

    Couple highlights:

    • Only 948 incoming kindergarteners scored in the 99th percentile vs. 1,451 in 2013-2014.
    • 1,908 incoming kindergarteners are eligible for citywide programs vs. 2,827 in 2013-2014 despite 1000 more test takers.


    Below is a spreadsheet of the G&T test results broken out by district and grade:


    Below is a spreadsheet of 2014 G&T Testers Scoring in the 99th Percentile Compared to 2013:


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MorganBx1138 View Post
    The charts are incorrect...
    My son is 99th% in district 11, you have no one on your 99th chart in district 11... does this indicate other errors?
    Hi MorganBx1138 - this is the data directly from the DOE. The issue is that DOE seemed to have use "s" to denote that there were less than 10 for that given category rather than specifying the exact single digit numbers. As soon as DOE provides new data, we'll update it accordingly.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts