+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ps 198 g&t

ps 198 g&t

Can anyone share their thoughts on ps 198 g&t vs ps 151 gen ed? I really need some input and feel like I've read everything I can find. We have an older child at 151 and are happy, but now have our youngest with the likely option of 198 g&t with 98 on test. We are not considering chelsea or far away schools and LL is out I assume. We are on the fence about 198. Furthermore, anyone have thoughts on TAG....it's far and we will need busing and I doubt with a 98 he has a shot but is it worth ranking above 198? We have mixed feelings about it but I also read lots of great things.

Thank you!!!!

did you ever get an answer from anyone on this one? This is the choice we are facing now and would love to know if anyone answered. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by uppereastmom View Post
    did you ever get an answer from anyone on this one? This is the choice we are facing now and would love to know if anyone answered. Thanks!
    No clear answer . Leaning toward 151. Older sib there and loves it.

PS198 has agood G&T program. Good teachers and good parent body.

do you have a kid that goes there? what grade? I've been told the G&T kids are very segregated from the other kids but that its getting better. Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

was thinking the same thing. but if we enroll in 198 and don't like it, I guess we can pull her for 151. such a tough choice. I've heard great things about 151.

Quote Originally Posted by uppereastmom View Post
    was thinking the same thing. but if we enroll in 198 and don't like it, I guess we can pull her for 151. such a tough choice. I've heard great things about 151.
    We love 151 for older kid, though homework not very challenging. She loves school. Very friendly admin and safe warm feel. if you pull out of 198 midyear, there may not be spot for 151.

Also, look at the different after school programs and in school enrichment. 151 has so much in both areas.