+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasroberts View Post
    D28 (Forest Hills, Queens)/99%/K... and sibling. We have a daughter currently in K this year.

We are SO excited and happy to have both of our girls there!!!

CONGRATS to everyone!!
    Congrats!

sibling policy

Siblings with 97 trump non-siblings with 99. That's why this policy is unfair and the DOE had tried to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by gatewaytok View Post
    A score of 99 is required to get accepted into most of the citywide G&T schools. (97 to be eligible but with the large number of students who score 99, not likely). If one twin scores a 99 and is selected, then the DOE will pull the second twin in as well if they qualify for a G&T school. So for example, if one child had a 99 and their name was selected for a school and the sibling scored a 97 or better, they will both be offered spots under the sibling preference policy. Hope this helps.

Have any of you heard anything from current teachers or parents about the relationship between the principal/administration and parents and teachers? Read some disturbing articles from a couple of years ago (see links below) and are hoping things have changed for the better:
    http://ny.chalkbeat.org/2012/09/20/s.../#.VWsMNFL3bCQ
    http://www.wnyc.org/story/302073-hun...stm-principal/

Also this: http://www.ratemyteachers.com/olga-livanis/1641874-t

Hopefully just typical internet overreaction but it's still concerning.

Is anyone going to register this week? There is no updated info on the website. I called and was told the dates for pre-register are this Wednesday and Friday.

I'm going on Friday am, small child in tow.

With respect to the reports - they're 3 years old. In the grand scheme of things, I reckon we can't worry about the ghosts of some suboptimal business decisions from years past, we can only hope they've learned something from them.

There's may little funny business going on with the administration, but that's largely mitigated by the fact that there are 3 assistant principals. It's important to note that the principal's job at Nest+mis a bit more challenging than any other citywide in that she manages more teachers (4+ classes per grade) and grades (13). It's almost like running 3 schools (lower/middle/high school).

I went to register this morning!

I went to register this morning!
    Werid that they told me I can only go either Wednesday or Friday. What time did you arrive? Were there a lot of people? Thanks.

I believe that they try to limit how many people go to each session, since they look over every person's paperwork one at a time.
    The session began at 9am. (I believe that all registration sessions are beginning at 9am.) There were a decent number of people there... maybe 25-30 kids??

I believe that they try to limit how many people go to each session, since they look over every person's paperwork one at a time.
    The session began at 9am. (I believe that all registration sessions are beginning at 9am.) There were a decent number of people there... maybe 25-30 kids??
    What time did you finish? We are going Friday

Quote Originally Posted by dadoftwins View Post
    What time did you finish? We are going Friday
    I was done around 9:45am... But I was probably one of the first people done with my forms, so I only didn't have to wait to have my forms/papers looked over.

After I was done there was a line of people waiting...

I would make sure that you have originals and copies of everything, as that will expedite the process - birth certificate/passport, proofs of address as well as your ID.