+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sure, I'll send you a private message in a few minutes.

Looking for some Info

Hello, I am looking for info on getting into Twain and called a few test prep houses that claimed it was likely too late to start prepping for the tests. I would love to talk to someone who has been through the process and to hear what type of prep people are doing to get in. Does the prep help? Is it too late? Any help would be appreciated. Jenny

Test prep helps to sharpen students who already have a talent they've been working on for a long time. At this stage of the game, if a child hasn't already devoted at least a few years to talents like art, dance, music, voice, drama, athletics, media, math/coding or writing--it's going to be very tough to develop a competitive ability in a couple of months. If your child is a beginner at anything, taking art, music, dance, etc lessons at this point isn't going to help you do well on the talent test for art (or anything else you may be new at). If, however, your child has been drawing for years on their own, and you see the talent in your kid and others have told you that your child is very talented--prepping for this talent can absolutely increase the chance for edging out other kids to get into Mark Twain. If that's the case with any of the talents, test prep can definitely help.

Which talent(s) are you interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hello, I am looking for info on getting into Twain and called a few test prep houses that claimed it was likely too late to start prepping for the tests. I would love to talk to someone who has been through the process and to hear what type of prep people are doing to get in. Does the prep help? Is it too late? Any help would be appreciated. Jenny

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s first hand experience of preparing and taking the Mark Twain’s Creative Writing test with many parents. My daughter will be taking the Creatice Writing and Strings tests in January. I’d appreciate any good advice, guidance and insight information to prepare for the test.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamindeng View Post
    Thank you for sharing your daughter’s first hand experience of preparing and taking the Mark Twain’s Creative Writing test with many parents. My daughter will be taking the Creatice Writing and Strings tests in January. I’d appreciate any good advice, guidance and insight information to prepare for the test.
    I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

My child is also taking the Creative Writing test in January. Any information you can share about the test and how to prepare for it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sure, I'll send you a private message in a few minutes.

Hi - My daughter will be taking the Mark Twain Creative Writing admissions exam this winter. Can anyone offer some insights on the best way to prepare for it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

I'll send you a private message soon.