+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mark Twain parents of Creative Writing kids

I'd like to know if you can post information about the Creative Writing talent test at Mark Twain M.S. Can you tell me what it contains? Do the kids get a chance to pick a nonfiction or fiction piece to write about? Does anyone know what the rubric states? Any links to DOE info would be helpful, or even better, anything from personal experience...I haven't found that much online. Thanks!

I was disappointed when no one responded to my thread...but regardless, my daughter just got accepted into Mark Twain for Creative Writing/Journalism with a 90. I know my daughter's a talented writer, and her grades are super high (98 average). And I had some worries just because I'm a father and commiserating with someone on a personal level would have been great. Now that I'm an experienced "Mark Twain" parent, I'll respond to anyone who wants a word. Luck to everyone else who'll be in my position in the future. Much luck.

Round 1 was hard enough, the wait for Round 2 is even worse. The DOE website says May but are not specific on a date. I'd heard May 6th or so, but in years gone by it's been around the 12-14. Does anybody know for this year?

Thank you for offering to help!! My son is applying to creative writing at M. T. Do you have any insights about the test, and/or how to prepare for it? Also, when do you find out your test score?

Quote Originally Posted by smconde View Post
    Thank you for offering to help!! My son is applying to creative writing at M. T. Do you have any insights about the test, and/or how to prepare for it? Also, when do you find out your test score?
    Oh, Iím glad to help! Iíll send you a private message in about an hour detailing my experiences with this test. Good luck!

Hello! Could you please share some information about creative writing test and how to prepare for it with me too?

absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Dan08 View Post
    Hello! Could you please share some information about creative writing test and how to prepare for it with me too?
    I'll send you a private message in a few...

Smile Information about the Mark twain creative writing exam

Hello,

My child will be taking the Creative Writing exam for Mark Twain, and I was just wondering if anyone can share their previous experiences or any knowledge about this exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofiya93 View Post
    Hello,

My child will be taking the Creative Writing exam for Mark Twain, and I was just wondering if anyone can share their previous experiences or any knowledge about this exam.
    Sure, I'll send you a private message in a few.

Hello,

Yesterday my son informed me that he wants to attend Mark Twain for Creative Writing or Computers. Can you please give me some information on the test. Also, from your child's experience, what's the best way to prepare for it.

Thank you