+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Thread: G&t 2016-2017

Honestly, if you think that your local gen ed options are good, and you're not excited about your local G&T, why not go for the gen ed? If you don't see there's any advantage to the program, why worry about adjusting to it?

Hi just wondering what school did u apply to & get accepted to

Quote Originally Posted by femii View Post
    95 scored
    Verbal - 21/30 = 84 Percentile
    NonVerbal - 45/48 = 99 Percentile

My son is in K and going to 1st grade in September, we are in Staten Island, District 31

What are our chances getting into a G&T program with score of 95? What's the next step?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellablueyess View Post
    My daughter is in 1st aug birthday D31 25/30 90% 41/48 99% OVERALL 96%
    Hi, I was wondering what G&T school did you apply, in what order & which one did your daughter get into? Is there school bus? TIA

G&T at PS 230 vs general Ed at PS 10

Hello,

My daughter got a spot in the PS 230 G&T program for 2nd grade. We are currently weighing the pros and cons of moving her from her current school (PS 10, a well ranked Magnet school of Science, where she is happy but perhaps not fully challenged).
    It mainly comes down to figuring out if the benefits of being on a G&T track at a district school outweigh the inconvenience of no longer being able to walk to school, and pulling her out of an environment where she is happy, comfortable and familiar.
    Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Particularly from those familiar with PS 230 G&T.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Mom View Post
    I know most people on this board are interested in Manhattan schools, but my kid is in the G&T at PS230 in Kensington. Happy to answer questions about the G&T program at this school.
    Hi Canada mom, how do you like the g&t program at ps230? What's the homework load? Do they have anything speciation that you would brag about? Are the classes accelerated in any way? What did your child score? Any other info is welcome. My child is going into kindergarten he scored 99.

What did you end up doing? I'm considering ps230 and would like info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melina View Post
    Hello,

My daughter got a spot in the PS 230 G&T program for 2nd grade. We are currently weighing the pros and cons of moving her from her current school (PS 10, a well ranked Magnet school of Science, where she is happy but perhaps not fully challenged).
    It mainly comes down to figuring out if the benefits of being on a G&T track at a district school outweigh the inconvenience of no longer being able to walk to school, and pulling her out of an environment where she is happy, comfortable and familiar.
    Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Particularly from those familiar with PS 230 G&T.
    Thank you!
    What did you end up doing? We are looking into ps230 and would love info on it.