+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have you received confirmation of your G&T test date?

I haven't received anything yet. Is it just me being paranoid or have others not received theirs yet?

You typically do not receive this information until some time in December, maybe January, depending on if your child is currently in a public school or attending a CBO (based on my experience). RFT's are still being submitted - so DOE obviously cannot set dates for everyone yet.

That would make sense the DOE waits until after all the requests have been submitted to send out the confirmation. Tx. Btw, what is CBO?

Community-based organizations. Even though the RFT's may be due in November, you'll still be waiting a long time to get any response - it's such a LONG process! Unfortunately you'll have to get used to that (that includes test scores, application results, etc.)

Ah. The waiting a long time part - I'm guessing that's life with DOE? Tx for setting my expectations on the process so I'm not driving myself crazy.

LOL, yes, welcome to the public school system. Even though you may be aware of the timeline, it doesn't stop it from being annoying or driving you crazy! I speak from experience on that. From submitting the RFT in November to receiving an offer in June...

Wow - I'm in for a long bumpy ride... Well, you'll probably see me asking more stupid questions so tx for being patient with my first one!

If your child is attending a public prek, their testing will take place in their school with someone other than their teacher. If they attend a CBO (as mommylok said a Community Based Organization) they will get a weekend testing date at another location. CBO is a fancy way of saying any other private or subsidized preschool program that is not in a public school. If you submitted the RFT online you should have recieved a confirmation email that the request had been submitted. I recommend that you keep that in a safe place, along with copies of all other forms that you may submit - if your child scores into the program, make sure to save a copy of your ranked choices and your acceptance of any seat offered. Word to the wise.
    ask me about brooklyn schools
    joyce szuflita http://www.nycschoolhelp.com/

You guys have been so helpful. Thank you! Good that I'm organized coz it seems that's what I'll need to be to stay on top of the process.

I just received email confirmation of the date/place I requested for G&T testing - phew. Thank you all again for helping me cope with my neurosis.